The Hometown Heroes Recreation Center will reopen to the public on Monday, May 18 with limited programming and with reduced hours. All participation will require preregistration. The recreation center will NOT be open for open play basketball, open swim, or drop-in aerobics.
To be able to enroll in the current limited programming, call 281-554-1180. Classes include aerobics and pickleball. Registration does not guarantee enrollment. Class sizes will be limited. All registered participants will be selected for classes based on a lottery system and notified each Friday. Priority will be given to League City residents.
The following restrictions apply:
- All participants must bring their own equipment (pickleball paddles, yoga mats, weights, etc.). To help prevent cross contamination, the City will not provide any equipment.
- All guests must enter through the front door and exit through the side doors after the class is complete.
- Guests may not arrive more than five minutes prior to the start of their class.
- All participants entering the facility will have temperatures taken. Anyone with a temperature of 99.9 degrees or above will not be allowed to enter the building.
For youth classes (fencing and karate):
- Parents must drop off at the front door, wait in their cars in the parking lot, and pick up when class is over.
- Participants must always maintain social distancing and remain 6+ feet apart.
- The City asks that all guests wear masks in the common areas (hallways, restroom, lobby, etc.)
Hours of Operation (May 18-31)
- Monday: 8am – 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 7pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
- Thursday: 8am – 7pm
- Friday: 8am – 2pm
- Saturday: 8am – 2pm
- Sunday: Closed
* Building will be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day
Parks and Recreation Superintendent Kenny Walsh talks to Communications Director Sarah Greer Osborne about the reopening of the Hometown Heroes Recreation Center,
Parks and Recreation Superintendent Kenny Walsh joined Communications Director Sarah Greer Osborne during a recent Facebook Live ’Lunch and Learn" to talk about the reopening of the Hometown Heroes Recreation Center.