The Hometown Heroes Recreation Center has reopened with limited programming and with reduced hours. All participation will require preregistration on first come, first-served basis. The recreation center will NOT be open for open play basketball, open swim, or drop-in aerobics.
To preregister for classes including aerobics, pickleball, and other exercise classes, call 281-554-1180. Registration opens Wednesday at 8 a.m. for residents to register for classes the following week and Thursdays at 8 a.m. for non-residents.
More classes will be added each week and an updated schedule will be posted here along with updated facility hours.
The following restrictions apply:
- All participants must bring their own equipment (pickleball paddles, yoga mats, weights, etc.). To help prevent cross contamination, the City will not provide any equipment.
- All guests must enter through the front door and exit through the side doors after the class is complete.
- Guests may not arrive more than five minutes prior to the start of their class.
- All participants entering the facility will have temperatures taken. Anyone with a temperature of 99.9 degrees or above will not be allowed to enter the building.
For youth classes (fencing and karate):
- Parents must drop off at the front door, wait in their cars in the parking lot, and pick up when class is over.
- Participants must always maintain social distancing and remain 6+ feet apart.
- The City asks that all guests wear masks in the common areas (hallways, restroom, lobby, etc.)
Hours of Operation (May 18-31)
- Monday: 8am – 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 7pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
- Thursday: 8am – 7pm
- Friday: 8am – 2pm
- Saturday: 8am – 2pm
- Sunday: Closed
* Building will be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day