The City of League City recognized employees for their hard work and dedication to serving the community on Dec. 7, 2016.
City Administration honored and recognized each employee by thanking them for their time, efforts and being a part of the team during the city’s annual Employee Holiday Luncheon at Hometown Heroes Park.
The following awards were presented during the luncheon:
- Making a Difference Award: Jody Hooks, Public Works Manager
The award is presented to a city employee whose selfless demeanor exemplifies the spirit of public service; the recipient of the award is selected each year by the city manager. Hooks was recognized for his dedication to public service and serving the League City community. He is a long-standing employee who has worked through the ranks and is well-respected by his peers. Hooks quietly serves and takes on any task with ease and commitment to accomplishing it in a well and professional manner.
- League City Superstar of the Year Award: Mark Linenschmidt, Senior Planner
The award recognizes and celebrates employees who go above and beyond in making the city a better place to live, work and play. Linenschmidt was recognized for his time with the city, consistently stepping up to the plate to meet the needs of citizens and business owners, providing his department with the institutional knowledge and helping to train his co-workers. His drive and dedication exemplifies the meaning of public service and his commitment to the city, citizens and his fellow co-workers.
- Kristi Wyatt Diamond of Excellence Award: Kenny Walsh, Parks Recreation Superintendent
The award recognizes employees providing outstanding customer service to the League City community, city staff or other stakeholders. Walsh was recognized for his passion and dedication in providing customer service and enhancing the quality of life programs for League City residents. Throughout his time with the city, he has developed the respect of his peers and staff and is always at attentive and responsive to the needs of residents while supporting the numerous programs, activities and events sponsored by his department.
- Working Together Award: Accounting, Information Technology and the Purchasing Departments
The award is a newly created award recognizing departments and/or inter-departmental teams who work together to serve the League City community through events, activities, city services, etc. The recipients of this year’s award were recognized for the interdepartmental work throughout the past year to bring Tyler Technologies, a new computer software system online to modernize and streamline the city’s daily operations and provide an additional level of customer service for League City residents and business owners.
Employees reaching significant milestones with the city were also honored during the luncheon.
- Five years of service: Amy Baldwin, Tamara Boegler, Amelia Chau, Erin Cole, Joshua Coward, Cristina Garza, Andrew Gilbertson, Clayton Kennard, Phillip O'keefe, Jose Ortega III, Jorge Rodriguez, Charles Salmon, Andrew Saum, Patrick Self, David Tickell, and Rita Wohrle.
- Ten years of service: Mayuri Amin, Georgie Applegate, Cory Beyer, Floyd Ferguson, Christopher Force, Ross Haunschild, Francisco Jaramillo, Bonnie Keith, Gregory Kunkel, Rhonda Lee, Charles ‘Tony’ Meyer, Alan Nichols, Stephen Preston, Bette Specion, Richard Standley, Loren Stevenson, Christopher Treat, Louis West, Tanden Wiggins, Gary Yates, and Shayne Yount.
- Fifteen years of service: Morris Burt, Jason Clifton, Adan Coronado, Darrin Gaines, Kimberly Hera, Floyd Matthews, and Aaron Mcgaughey.
- Twenty years of service: Steve Barajas, John Butler, Angie Strachan, Christopher Svahn, and William Tisdale.
- Twenty-five years of service: James Spencer, Christy Galyean, and Leanna De La Houssaye.
- Thirty years of service: Leonard Fletcher, Gregory Flowers, and Lloyd Lamb.