For Sign Construction or Repairs

The business owner or the general contractor needs to fill out a permit application (PDF) form available at the City's Land Management Offices in the Building Department or online. If the project requires a new electric service, the licensed electrician (registered to do work in the city) must sign on to the permit along with information on the equipment to be installed. 

Please see the list below of required documents to be submitted with the sign application. For more detailed information on sign requirements, please refer to Channel 90 signs (PDF) of the city ordinance and the Transportation Plan (PDF) for Right-of-Way designation.

New Sign Construction, Required Documentation

The owner or general contractor is required to submit to the Building Department the following documents for plan review and approval, along with a completed permit application (PDF).

  • All new signs must be engineered to the 120 miles per hour wind design.
  • Provide scale, dimensioned drawings of proposed sign.
  • Provide a site plan showing location of proposed sign, if free standing.

Helpful Documents