It’s Doggone Friendly in League City
League City is paws-down a perfect place for pups
Living in a friendly community is great, but living in a dog-friendly community is exceptional. As a dog mom of two Australian shepherds, making my home in a place that loves and respects animals is really important to me, and one reason I love living here in League City. Here are a few reasons why League City is a great place for dogs and their people:
The Bark Park at Countryside
The Bark Park is League City’s first dog park (opened in late 2017), and it’s become a popular fixture in the community.
What I love about the Bark Park
- Spacious fenced areas for small and large dogs keep the park safe for pups of all sizes.
- Tunnels and agility equipment in each space help doggies have fun learning new tricks.
- Self-serve dog washing stations right outside the gates means I can bring home two sparkling clean pups.
- Doggie water fountains inside the park hydrate dogs after an invigorating round of zoomies.
- Complimentary poop cleanup bags around the park help keep the area clean, and free from unpleasant odors.
- Plenty of benches and tall, shady trees create a relaxing space to sit while my dogs frolic.
Mount Pleasant Avenue Canine Villas and Spa
This boarding facility just west of I-45 is a dog-owners dream come true, and truly a local gem.
What I love about Mount Pleasant Avenue
- They provide tons of doggie playtime. There are no extra charges to play with my dogs like there are at other boarding facilities I’ve used. My very active Aussies get plenty of exercise and attention throughout the day.
- I can watch my dogs through cameras placed inside their doggie suite. This allows me to check in on them 24 hours a day (through a password protected login), and if I have any concerns, it’s easy to contact the owners.
- They update social media frequently with photos and videos of the dogs. This is always so much fun for us, and we know the pups are being well cared for.
- MPA loves dogs, and they treat every dog like their own. MPA is well known for throwing themed parties for the dogs, and it’s a blast to watch them all dress up (and even dress up some of the dogs). Additionally, there is always an employee on-site, so the dogs are never left alone at any time.
Healthy Paws Nutrition and Pet Grooming
This doggie grooming facility is an eastside League City favorite, located off of 96 and South Shore Blvd.
What I love about Healthy Paws
- They offer all-natural food and treats that most pet supply stores don’t carry. If you want to spoil your dog with something special, this is the place to go.
- They treat customers like family, and really go out of their way to make sure your dog is safe and happy during grooming. Just take a look at their online reviews, and you’ll see how big their hearts are.
- Pet spa treatments range from basic grooming, to extra special add-ons like nail painting, and blueberry facials. I love their variety of add-ons, and the care they take with each breed of dog.
Located on the west side of League City off of 96 and Hobbs, you’ll find everything you need for your dog…or your cat…or your birds…
What I love about Pet Supermarket
- The dog washing station here is wonderful. I pay $10, and they provide industrial bathtubs (large enough for big dogs), shampoo, and towels. I have a hard time getting my longhaired dogs totally dry after bathing them at home, which means wet floors and wet furniture. Washing them at Pet Supermarket makes bath time easy, plus it keeps my house dry.
- They have a wide variety of dog food, along with treats, toys, harnesses, shampoos, and anything you could need for your pup. They also have a great rewards program, so I frequently get discounts on my monthly dog food purchases.
Other ways League City is doggone friendly
League City Animal Shelter: League City’s no-kill animal shelter is a shining example of how much this city loves animals. If you’re looking for a pet to love and care for, please check out our wonderful shelter, or consider volunteering. To learn more about the shelter visit the LCPA website.
Walking Trails: Of course, you can walk your dog in your neighborhood, but League City also has 20 miles of trails you and your dog will love. The local trail system has some big expansion plans in the works, providing even more ways to enjoy the natural beauty of League City with your pup.
Mobile Groomers: League City has a bevy of mobile groomers to choose from, which is really convenient when it’s hard to leave the house, or your dogs aren’t great car riders.
Veterinary Services: There are several local veterinarians with die-hard customers that provide excellent, affordable care. But something I really appreciate is the VCA Animal Emergency Hospital, which is open after hours and all day on weekends and holidays. It’s a relief to know that if our pets ever faced an emergency after hours, we have access to life-saving care just down the road.