Traffic & Transportation
For emergencies or immediate assistance, please contact our 24-hour hotline at: 281-554-1199
The Traffic and Transportation Department consists of two divisions that operate and maintain all traffic control equipment throughout the City.
Traffic Signal Division
The Traffic Signal Division maintains and operates all signalized traffic equipment within the City of League City. Their responsibilities include preventive maintenance on all signalized devices, as well as operations of all devices. They maintain and operate all traffic signals, school zone flashers, driver feedback radar speed signs, street lighting, and roadside flashers.
Traffic Control Division
The Traffic Control Division maintains all traffic signs and traffic control devices throughout the City of League City. They fabricate and install all needed traffic signs, as well as maintain and repair all traffic control items, such as guardrails, pavement markings, and channelizing devices. In addition, they setup traffic control for special events and obtain traffic count data to support various studies for the Engineering Department.
- Monitor traffic conditions remotely in real-time via CCTV cameras and the WAZE Traffic App.
- Respond to any type of traffic related issues.
- Support League City Police Department on traffic safety issues.
- The Traffic and Transportation Department is staffed to handle calls daily, after hours, weekends, and holidays, and they also respond to emergency calls for service and repairs.
- Speed Hump Policy (PDF)
- Stop Sign Request
- TNMP – Street Light Repair Link
||Director of Public Works
||281-554-1321||Email Jody Hooks
||Public Works Manager
||281-554-1040||Email David Tickell
||Traffic Operations Superintendent
||281-554-1392||Email George Chapa
||Traffic Control Supervisor
||281-554-1395||Email Princeton Rideaux
||Traffic Signal Supervisor
||281-554-1396||Email Lance Libby
|Signal Repair Hotline