- 3rd Thursday of each month, unless noted otherwise
- 2021 Meeting Dates and Application Deadlines (PDF)
- Open to the public
- Position Number 1: Ms. Susan Pierce
- Position Number 2: Ms. J’Nean Henderson
- Position Number 3: Mr. Ric Pearson, Vice Chair
- Position Number 4: Vacant
- Position Number 5: Mr. David Hake, Chairperson
- Position Number 6: Ms. Susan Smyer
- Position Number 7: Mr. Daniel Henn
- Position Number 8: Ex-Officio Architect - Michael S. Hendershot
- Position Number 9: Ex-Officio Member - Christopher Sims, Engineering Director
Any questions or comments for the members may be forwarded to staff at 281-554-1080.
About the Commission
The Historic Commission is a seven member commission that is responsible for the development and the administration of the Historic District Ordinance, the Preservation Plan, and adopted architectural guidelines. The commission reviews signage, new businesses, renovations of exteriors, and new construction for Certificates of Appropriateness within the district.
The following shall be taken into account during selection of Historic Commission positions:
- Membership in the League City Historical Society
- Residence in an Historic Conservation Overlay District
- Ownership of property in an Historic Conservation Historic District
- Knowledge and experience of architectural, cultural, social, economic, ethnic, and political history of the City
- For the architectural advisory member, relevant professional credentials and experience in historic preservation
Items Awaiting Action
Staff reports and attached documents will be posted on the Historic District agenda by noon on the Monday prior to consideration by the Historic Commission.
Historic Resources Survey
The City of League City contracted with Cox|McLain Environmental Consulting of Austin, Texas to complete a historic resources survey for the City. Details may be found by visiting our Resources Survey page. Read the press release (PDF).