Join us at Rustic Oaks Park on the first Saturday of every month from April to November for a free and fun evening of amateur astronomy. Families and children of all ages can learn about different stars, planets and the moon each week from 7 to 9:30 p.m., rain or shine. Participants are welcome to bring their own telescopes or use the ones provided!
Besides current celestial events, each event will include:
• A 100’ model of the solar system (Sun to Mars – Jupiter and Saturn in the distance) around 7 p.m. for kids of all ages in the summer (before night fall)
• Major constellations and asterisms and their legends
• Telescope observation of the stars and visible planets
• Binocular astronomy demonstrations
• Computer displays of free astronomy software, DVDs and presentations in the shelter during inclement weather.
• Q&A with amateur astronomers and scientists
• Flyers describing the moon and its phases, the scale of the solar system, the major constellations and asterisms visible now, a list of relevant URLs, free software from the net, etc.
Rustic Oaks Park is located at 5101 Orange Blossom, league City Tx.
For more information, you can contact Daniel M. Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org, (210) 792 3255 and (210) 810 7895.